Saturday 17 October 2015

More Safari Jacket .....


It was a cloudy and it was still a hazy afternoon today. Temperatures weren't that bad (about 32deg Celsius) with humidity not as ridiculous as it usually is (which is usually over 75%) and wearing a jacket wasn't one of those slightly sweaty experiences out of the shade. So I wore another one of my safari jackets when I was out shopping with the wife and kid.



Somehow this made perfect sense as I could carry my smartphone, a small powerbank for it, my cardholder, my wallet without any unsightly bulges anywhere. This safari jacket is a ready to wear item from British India (a Malaysian company that has been around for awhile). It has its sleeves altered in length as well as its width. I had the buttons changed from a dull cream colour, which was too similiar in colour to the cotton poplin cloth used for the jacket. 

This safari jacket also differs from the one I had made in Thailand recently. It is cut more like a suit jacket/sports jacket than a shirt. It has suit jacket style lapels and non-working jacket cuffs (instead of a shirt collar and shirt cuffs). Three buttons up front and short double vents at the rear. Four pockets in front and another two on the insides. Oh, it is unlined, so it is super suitable for the Malaysian weather. 

All in all a very, very practical casual jacket that gets a lot of usage by Yours Truly these days.

No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...